History of Austin Contact Center Alliance

The Austin Call Center Alliance (ACCA) was founded in 1995 by a group of contact center managers and industry-related suppliers who wished to create a local trade association specific to the contact center industry.

Everyone agreed that there was an unfulfilled need for a local alliance of contact center organizations to promote and support the local industry. Their vision for the new alliance encompassed networking and sharing of best practices through monthly events, and providing industry-specific information geared towards the contact center manager.

With the help of the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce, ACCA became a 501c(6) non-profit association and remains an affiliate of the Chamber of Commerce through its Economic Development Division. The ACCA office resides within the Chamber of Commerce offices.

After much careful monitoring of the industry, ACCA's board of directors decided to change the organization's name to something more reflective of its membership base. With the support of the ACCA membership in the form of an online poll, a new name, the Austin Contact Center Alliance, was inaugurated in 2003.

Since ACCA's founding in 1995, it has grown to represent over 150 companies, of which approximately 75% are contact centers and 25% are vendors. Our 2004 survey showed that the Austin-area contact center industry was thriving with over 100 contact centers representing more than 18,000 employees. Our 2007 survey, once complete, will likely reveal even more growth and prosperity within the local industry.  

P.O. Box 14300, Austin, TX 78761-43  |  email: info@austincontactcenter.org  |  Phone: 512.551.1256

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software